Glider benches are straight up better than normal benches.
Honestly, after having tried out a good glider, you’ll see how much better they are than normal, solid benches. After all, the point of sitting on a bench is to relax, and gliders are second to none when it comes to that. The gentle rocking motion is just dreamy.
They’re also much more social pieces of furniture than hammocks. Hammocks are more for relaxing in seclusion because of the way they block out all sight from the sides. Hammocks also harder to keep clean, they take up much more space, and they’re much less smooth in their rocking motion too.
Gliders are also much better than rocking chairs, because gliders swing back and forth smoothly, rather than in the arc that rocking chairs swing in. The ride is much smoother and much more gentle, and there’s also no way to trap your toes underneath.
It’s safe to say, that gliders are the best. But the question is, which is the best glider? That’s what this guide is about. I’ll review the best option for an outdoor glider first of all, and then after that will be an alternative choice for those who are willing to spend more to the absolute best wooden glider out there, which a genuine, handcrafted, Amish-made one.
But first, let’s take a look at the best deal for an outdoor glider. This will be the one most people are interested in.
This is a no-nonsense guide to the best rv air conditioners, with quick recommendations so you can choose the rv air conditioner that suits what you’re looking for the best.
They’re summed up in this table below. If you want to skip all the other talk and you just want to know which specific rv air conditioner are currently the best to go for, then they’re all right here in one place for you.
|Best Outdoor Glider||Superjare 2-Person Outdoor Glider Bench|
|Best Wooden Outdoor Glider||CAF Amish Heavy Duty 800 lb Mission Pressure Treated Porch Glider|
Click to jump straight to each topic.
The Best Outdoor Gliders Reviewed
Best Outdoor Glider: Superjare 2-Person Outdoor Glider Bench
Best Outdoor Glider
I’ve actually seen this glider around quite often where I live, and there’s a good reason why it’s so popular:
It’s simply the best bang for your buck.
I mean, it’ll pretty much look good anywhere you put it, because there’s nothing jarring about the design. It just has a really sleek, modern look. You can get it in light brown and light grey too. The photo to the side is the dark grey version, which is easily the most popular color from what I’ve seen.
What’s interesting about this glider is that the mesh is really comfortable to sit on, so you don’t actually need any cushions. That makes this a significantly lower maintenance piece of outdoor furniture than pretty much all the other options out there. That is, if you prefer a seat that’s softer than the hard wood benches like you have in your local park.
And, speaking of low maintenance, you’re probably wondering just how weather proof this bench is. Well, the mesh is made out of textilene, which is a UV-resistant material specifically designed for outdoor furniture, and the metal parts are powder coated, which makes them resistant to cold, damp conditions.
Now, that doesn’t make it rust proof against heavy amounts of rainfall directly on it, because only the outside of the metal is powder coated, and that coating will get worn away eventually that way. That’s why the Amazon seller recommends you get the rain cover that’s specifically designed for this glider if you live in an area that gets a lot of heavy rainstorms and you don’t have a roof over your patio.
With that in mind, the only real downside to this glider is that the instructions are awful. I mean, you can figure out how to put it together well enough, but the instructions really aren’t helpful. They don’t mention the nuts or washers at all, and they’re essential to putting the thing together.
However, like I said, it’s not too hard to figure it out in the end. It just would be nice if it was a bit easier.
My advice is to put everything together, and then tighten everything afterwards. Otherwise you’ll warp the metal unevenly so that the holes won’t line up. It’s fine to tighten it properly, but just make sure the whole thing is put together before you do that final round of tightening everything.
And, of course, once this glider is set up, it’s an absolute dream. The gliding motion is really gentle and relaxing. It’s super smooth. Just what you want.
As for the load capacity, 440 lbs is easily enough, considering that it’s a two-person bench. I guess that shows just how strong this bench is.
What We Like:
- Doesn’t Need Cushions – The UV-resistant, weather proof mesh is actually surprisingly comfortable to sit on. There’s no odd metal bits that dig into your back or your legs either.
- Really Good for the Price – Considering that it’s practically half the cost of a wooden glider, this is actually a really good one. It’ll last a long time too, since it’s resistant to hot, cold, and even damp conditions.
- Smooth, Gentle Gliding Motion – This is what you’re looking for. Something with a really smooth gliding motion that doesn’t have any unevenness to it. It’s so smooth that even heavy winds only make it rock back and forth gently.
Things to Consider:
- Not Entirely Direct Rain Proof – If you get a lot heavy rainstorms and you’re intending to keep this glider out in the open, rather than under a roofed patio, then you’d be better off with a wooden glider, or at least one that’s extremely weather proof, because this one will eventually start rusting once the powder coating is worn down from a lot of heavy rain exposure. However, there’s no real alternative to this one unless you’re willing to spend a lot more.
- The Instructions are Terrible – Though it’s not too hard to figure out how to put this thing together. Just don’t forget to put the washers on along with the nuts, because the instructions don’t mention either of them. Also, tighten everything only after you’re done putting it all together, so you don’t warp the metal out of shape. Once it’s all put together though, you have yourself a really great glider.
Check the latest price on Amazon.
Best Wooden Outdoor Glider: CAF Amish Heavy Duty 800 lb Mission Pressure Treated Porch Glider
Best Wooden Outdoor Glider
This extremely high quality glider is made with genuine Amish handmade craftsmanship, in the mission style. It’s made entirely in the USA of course.
It’s available in four colors: cedar stain, dark walnut stain, semi-solid white stain and semi-solid black stain. You can also get it unfinished, but unless you want to apply your own finish, then it’s best to go with one of the color options.
Dark walnut gets my vote, because it has a kind of classy, rustic vibe to it, which would suit just about any patio.
The finish itself is eco-friendly and is done with a UV-resistant, soy-based stain finisher that’s both non-toxic and has no odor.
As for the wood itself, it’s kiln-dried pressure treated pine, which means it’s protected from wood rot, decay, and pests like termites. It also won’t warp, cup, or shrink at all.
It does require assembly, but the process is pretty straightforward. There’s nothing particularly complicated about it, because this glider is so well designed. Regardless, there’s always the option of getting expert assembly if you really hate assembling furniture, but obviously you have to pay extra for the labor, so you can save yourself a fair amount of money by doing it yourself.
While you can’t see it too well from the pictures, the wooden slats are actually quite thick, and the seat is contoured and rolled nicely. Also, because it’s pine, it’s comfortable to sit on. It’s a softwood, so it’s not rock hard like hardwoods can be.
What We Like:
- Excellent Craftsmanship – With it being made in the US with genuine Amish handmade craftsmanship, you can’t get better quality than this. The rocking motion feels great, and the seat is contoured so it’s ergonomic. Also, the wood itself is kiln-dreid pressure treated pine, so it’s protected from wood rot, decay and pests like termites.
- Smooth Gliding Motion – With this being such a sturdy, well-designed piece of outdoor furniture, the gliding motion itself is equally superb. It’s smooth and gentle, but what’s great is that it’s also robust enough to stay that way for many years to come.
Things to Consider:
- It’s Quite Heavy – With it being heavy duty and made of wood, it comes to weigh 80 lbs. However, that also means it’s pretty darn strong, because it can handle 800 lbs of weight on it.
Check the latest price on Amazon.
We hope this list of the best rv air conditioners has been helpful.
If there’s anything good that you think we’ve missed, or if you have any questions about anything, then let us know down in the comments below.